It's been a while since the last post, and with early access finally launching next month, I think it's a good time to give an update on what will be complete by the time the app opens up, plus what features will come shortly after launch and then later in the fall.
Features Available by Launch
- Core Budgeting Functionality
- Balance Carryover ("Red Right Arrow")
- Single and Multi-Month Views (up to 3 month view for now)
- Credit Card Functionality
- Debt Management
- General Reporting
- Scheduled Transactions
- Mobile-friendly design (web app usable on phone/tablet)
Features Coming Soon after Launch
- YNAB Importing
- Bank Integration & Syncing
- Recurring Transactions
- Goal System
- Advanced/Custom Reporting System
- Color Labels for Categories
- Drag and Drop Functionality
- Calendar View
- Custom # of Months for Multi-Month View
Features Scheduled for Fall '18
- Native Mobile App
- On-the-fly Calculations
- Shared Accounts with Custom Permissions
- Dark Theme
- Multifactor Authentication
After discussing it with several users, I've decided to provide a third option for subscribers: a lifetime membership. This option is best for those who want to help support Budgetwise with early capital that can be used to hire more developers, or simply users who don't want to deal with subscriptions.
The lifetime membership for early access users will be $99, and $150 for users who sign up after the launch.
Interest for Budgetwise has been steadily growing since it's announcement back in late November, and I truly appreciate that. I am currently the only developer so my time is limited when it comes to marketing - if you want to help, please spread the word! Any mention of Budgetwise goes a long way honestly, and I am beyond grateful for it.
On a final note, a few readers have mentioned that I should post blog updates more frequently. You're right! I will do my best to post much more frequent updates, especially now that we are in the homestretch.